Digestive Health Webinar
Discover How to Address the Root Cause of Symptoms Like: IBS, Bloating, Gas, Diarrhea, Constipation, Leaky Gut, Acid Reflux, Crohn’s, Colitis & Celiac.
Over 2000 years ago, the father of medicine, Hippocrates, made the statement that “All disease begins in the gut.”
Today, in the modern 21st century, we’re just now beginning to realize how true that statement is.
Your gut or “microbiome” is an incredibly unique and complex environment that is vitally important to maintaining or achieving good health.
- Your microbiome contains over 100 trillion bacteria. These bacteria communicate with the cells of your body and influence many important physiological functions.
- Over 70% of your immune system is comprised in the gut.
- Your brain health is dependent upon your gut health, as approximately 90% of the neurotransmitters, serotonin and dopamine are produced by the healthy bacteria in your gut.
- You have more neurons (nervous system cells) in the gut than in your entire spinal cord; in fact, your gut has its own nervous system called the enteric nervous system. Your gut is literally called your “second brain.”
The beneficial bacteria in your gut play vital roles in cellular function, hormone balance, immune system function, and even brain and cognitive performance.
Many aspects of our modern American lifestyle have caused significant damage to our microbiome, such as…
- Overuse of antibiotics.
- Lack of ancient probiotic foods and bone broths.
- Excessive use of antimicrobial hand sanitizer.
- C-section births, formula-fed babies.
- Processed foods and environmental toxins.
- Genetically modified (GMO) foods sprayed with Glyphosate.
- Pharmaceutical and vaccine toxins.
This has led to endemic levels of leaky gut and microbiome damage in America.
The good news is that if all disease begins in the gut, all health must begin there too.